• I Roman Accounting Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Pacific Palisades, West Los Angeles & Beverly Hills

  • I. Roman Accounting  + Bookeeping Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Marina del Rey, Venice

    Relax While We do the Work! Accounting + Bookeeping + Payroll Services

Get it Now!

Get Your Complimentary Bookeeping Consultation!

Ilana Roman, Accountant & Bookeeper PAcific palisades, Marina del Rey, Brentwood, WestlaTax Preparation & Accounting Services

I. Roman Accounting Services provides your business with personalized service. We believe in cultivating personal relationships with each of our clients.

We serve clients across West Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica and Marina del Rey, CA. Our diverse clientele ranges from small business owners to corporations.

Do I Need to File a Tax Return?

You are required to file a federal income tax return if your income is above a certain level, which varies depending on your filing status, age and the type of income you receive.

However, the Internal Revenue Service reminds taxpayers that some people should file even if they aren’t required to because they may get a refund if they had taxes withheld or they may qualify for refundable credits.

To find out if you need to file, check the Individuals section of the IRS website or consult the instructions for Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for specific details that may help you determine if you need to file a tax return with the IRS this year.

You can also use the Interactive Tax Assistant available on the IRS website. The ITA tool
is a tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with
responses to tax law questions.
Even if you don’t have to file, here are six reasons why you may want to: Click Here >

Same Sex Marriage – New Filing Guidelines from the IRS

Under the ruling, same sex couples will be treated as married for all federal tax purposes, including income and gift and estate taxes. The ruling applies to all federal tax provisions where marriage is a factor, including filing status, claiming personal and dependency exemptions, taking the standard deduction, employee benefits, contributing to an IRA, and claiming the earned income tax credit or child tax credit.

Any same-sex marriage legally entered into in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory, or a foreign country will be covered by the ruling. However, the ruling does not apply to registered domestic partnerships, civil unions, or similar formal relationships recognized under state law.

Legally married same-sex couples generally must file their 2013 federal income tax return using either the “married filing jointly” or “married filing separately” filing status. Read Full Article >